You no longer can say no to a website!
As the old saying goes, ‘First impression is the best impression’. This holds good even in this technologically advanced world, even so more in the case of websites. A website is what a potential client will look up even before he picks up the phone and rings you. If he is impressed with what he sees, there is a very good chance that he will take it forward. On the other hand, if the website takes too long to load or is unresponsive, you might never hear from him ever. So if you are planning to take your business to the next level by going online and having a website hosted, make sure you do it the right way. Because sometimes, having a badly designed website is worse than having none at all.
To sum it up, here are the main reasons why having a website isn’t a choice anymore
- Customers would want to look you up and if they do not find a website listed, they are going to drop it right then and there.
- When they search for a service you are providing and Google directs them to your competitor’s website just because you don’t have a website isn’t exactly one of the greatest marketing strategies.
- A website allows even a start up to build their brand with minimum investments
- Customers have a source to reach you for quick responses.
So what are the best practices of successful websites?
Although you would want your website to be a reflection of who you are and the kind of business you offer, there are quite a few industry approved best practices that can go a long way in determining the success rate of your website.
- Elegant design: No user would stay on a website that is cluttered with videos, ads and images. One might think that a flashy website may catch attention, but the reality couldn’t be farther from the truth. Above all, the users should be able to navigate through the website easily
- Have a CTA button: A call to action button is mandatory for businesses who are trying to convert visitors into prospective clients. Again, do not make it too flashy. Let it blend with the other contents on your website.
- No plagiarization please! No matter what content you use on your website, image, text or video, make sure they are authentic and you don’t have violate any copyrights. Clients have become smarter these days and they do their homework before visiting a website. Chances are they will quickly spot an image or a content they have seen somewhere else. Understandably, your authenticity takes a hit there and that is the last thing you would need.
- Design a responsive website: People use a variety of devices to access a website these days. Keep this in mind while you create a website. You wouldn’t want to lose half of your customers just because they can’t access your website properly from their smartphone
By following the above best practices, you can make sure that you have a website that is definitely going to be a crowd-puller!
[cool-fade-popup group=”Group2″ random=”YES” session=”NO”]